A man is driving down the road and his car breaks down near a monastery.
He goes to the monastery, knocks on the door, and says, “My car broke down. Do you think I could stay the night?”
The monks graciously accept him, feed him dinner, and even fix his car. As the man tries to fall asleep, he hears a strange sound. A sound unlike anything he’s ever heard before. The Sirens that nearly seduced Odysseus into crashing his ship comes to his mind. He doesn’t sleep that night.
Read more »
The Fianna were the army of the High King.
Fionn Mac Cumhaill was leader of the Fianna. Other famous members were Fionn’s son, Oisín and Oisín’s son, Oscar.
The Fianna lived by their motto:
- Glaine in ár gcroíthe (Goodness in our hearts)
- Neart in ár ngéaga (Strength in our limbs)
- Beart de réir ár mbriathar (Truth on our lips)
Before a young man could join the Fianna he had to be master of many skills.
Thought I’d share a favourite film of mine at this time of year.
This is the full film. Sit back, hit play, relax and enjoy!
Direct link if you want to view it externally to my site: It’s a Wonderful Life!
Falk’s daughter Catherine (a real life private detective) has applied to the Los Angeles County Superior Court for a conservatorship – a type of legal guardianship of her father to protect him from being deceived into transferring his property and for his own health and safety.
And you can get it here!
(Out of stock at the moment ~ must be the high Christmas demand!)
She played the character from the very first episode in 1973 until her last appearance in August.
The loss of Bill Owen (Compo) in 1999 was a big blow to the programme. To me, his chasing of Nora, and her chasing of him with a broom, brush, mop or whatever was at hand was the heart of the programme.
- Since my last report, your child has hit rock bottom and has started to dig.
- I would not allow this student to breed.
- Your child has delusions of adequacy.
- Your child is depriving a village somewhere of an idiot.
- Your son sets low personal standards and then consistently fails to achieve them.
- The student has a “full six-pack” but lacks the plastic thing to hold it all together.
- This child has been working with glue too much.
- When your daughter’s IQ reaches 50, she should sell.
- The gates are down, the lights are flashing, but the train isn’t coming.
- If this student were any more stupid, he’d have to be watered twice a week.
- It’s impossible to believe the sperm that created this child beat out 1,000,000 others.
- The wheel is turning but the hamster is dead.
Not including me of course!